In 2019, the UAE implemented a new system for long-term residence visas. The new system enables foreigners to live, work and study in the UAE without the need of a national sponsor and with 100% ownership of their business on the UAE’s mainland.
The following categories are entitled to apply for a 10-year residence visa in the UAE.
- Investors in public investments of at least AED 10 million.
- Persons with specialized talents, this includes specialized talents and researchers in the fields of science and knowledge such as doctors, specialists, scientists, inventors, as well as creative individuals in the field of culture and art.
- The visa advantage extends to the spouse and children. All categories are required to have a valid employment contract in a specialized field of a priority in the UAE.
The following categories are entitled to apply for a 5-year residence visa in the UAE.
- Investors in a property in the UAEof a gross value of not less than AED 5 million
- Entrepreneurs, this category includes those having an existing project with a minimum capital of AED 500,000, or those who have the approval of an accredited business incubator in the country.
- Outstanding Students, thisincludes outstanding students with a minimum grade of 95 per cent in public and private secondary schools and university students within and outside the country having a distinction GPA of at least 3.75 upon graduation.
The visas issued for 5 or 10 years will be renewed automatically.